The Purpose of this position:
- We are a product based company. You’ll be working on developing core features for some of our products.
- Our core product is Mondovo.com, a digital marketing toolset built for marketing agencies. The product has a lot of business use-cases that still require development.
- You will independently take charge of individual feature development. You will be responsible for database architecture planning of your module, working on the core backend logic of the feature, co-ordinating with the front-end team for integration and then resolving any issues that come post launch.
- There are multiple challenging features to be worked on out here and there is immense scope for learning and growing.”
The different technologies you would work with:
- PHP (Laravel)
You will also be exposed to areas of server management when it comes to scaling your feature.
Function 1: Requirement analysis & planning
Tasks performed to accomplish this function: It’s essential to understand the requirements first and then plan what data you require, how you’ll capture it, what is the best way to process the data and the most efficient way to store it.
Function 2: Choosing the right technology stack
Tasks performed to accomplish this function: Some features may require working with PHP & MySQL while some may require the use of Mongo DB or Elastic Search. You will need to be able to decide the best tech stack required for your feature.
Function 3: Feature coding
Tasks performed to accomplish this function: You are responsible for the coding of the feature. In some cases, you’ll partner with others in the team if the app being developed is large. We look for code that’s efficiently written and well commented.
Function 4: Testing automation
Tasks performed to accomplish this function: Apart from self-testing your code, which is something a lot of us don’t do enough of, you will at times be required to develop PHP-Unit test cases for critical areas of your codebase. This will ensure that your code doesn’t break anything else when the code has been deployed.
Function 5: UI Integration
Tasks performed to accomplish this function: While there’s a dedicated team for UI & front-end, there will be many instances where you’ll be required to integrate the application logic with the front-end. Knowledge of jQuery and VueJs would be a plus.
Task to be performed :
- Daily: Coding
Percentage of time: 70%
- Periodical: Planning & self-testing
Percentage of time: 20%
- Occasional: Meetings, code review & learning
Percentage of time: 10%
Skills Required (Essential):
Skills Required (Non-Essential):
Educational Qualification Required (Min): We value practical experience and knowledge over educational degrees. This is not a criteria for evaluation.